Category: Get Involved!

Take Part in Research

Healthy Volunteers Study 

At NIHR Cambridge Clinical Research Facility, we have a keen interest in metabolism, energy expenditure and energy balance, and have world leading scientists and state of the art metabolic measurement equipment. Many of the diseases we study require reference data from normal healthy people.

To provide this we have two in-house studies that the general public can take part in. If you are interested in finding out about your / your child’s fat, muscle and bone mass and how it affects metabolism, and would like to take part in this study, please contact us. The study will involve us taking measurements during an overnight stay in the Clinical Research Facility, and you will be reimbursed for any travel costs.

For more information on this or how your child can participate, contact us by email or phone 01223 596077, further information below about the Healthy Volunteers Studies.


CRF 400 – For children aged 6 to 16 years

For children in this age group who would like to take part in this study, we have information for ages 6-10 years and 11-16 years as well as information for parents/ guardians

CRF 149 – For 17 years and over

If you are 17 years and over and would like to take part, click for more information here

VAMP Panel

The Volunteers Advancing Medicine Panel, is a recallable panel of healthy volunteers aged 18 years and over, who have agreed to provide fresh biological samples such as blood, urine and saliva for researchers associated with the Cambridge Biomedical Campus. The panel has been established to enable a quality-controlled supply of human biological samples to researchers undertaking basic science experiments. If you would like more information or would like to take part, contact us.


Taking part in clinical trials: how patients can make a difference

Our patients and the public are at the heart of the research.

Social Media Card International Clinical Trials Day May 21


If you are interested in taking part in a research study, you could ask your GP or Consultant to consider any trials or other well-designed studies that you may be suitable for (eligible). Or you could visit the NIHR Be Part of Research for information about clinical trials running in the UK. You can enter your postcode and find out information about studies close to where you live.